Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Where has the Time Gone???

Jeez, what's my excuse now?  Yeah yeah, sorry 'bout that.  You know, recently my (said 'Our Family's) schedule has been your typical one with multiple things occurring.  That being said, workouts have continued to evolve, and typically have numbered at least 5 per week.

I have continued to do one swim workout per week, varying the work a bit.  Recently, I've been doing more Swim/Kick/Pull sets to mix things up a bit.  So, something like this:  500 warm up, building intensity the last 200.  Then 200 x 12:  Swim/Kick/Pull.  I will then do a 500-750 continuous swim, with the last 100 very easy, as a cool down.  Some other workouts I have been doing is:  400 warm up.  500 x 4, then a 200 cool down.  And another one:  500 warm up.  200 swim, 100 kick, 200 pull, 100 kick, 200 swim, 100 kick, 200 pull, 100 kick, 200 swim.  This set was brutal...just sayin. 

Biking:  I'm a wimp....too cold already to bike outside, so the bike is on the trainer.  It is making it easy to get on the bike and go though.  So, I have been averaging about 3 hours a week currently, just getting 'back in the saddle'.  For the past couple of weeks, I have really concentrated on going to the big ring, hardest gear, and standing and just pumping continuously for several minutes, followed by spinning it out, and repeats.  Good stuff.

Running:  Consistancy is the theme here.  I have been running 2-3 times a week.  Typically I will do 3-4 miles and then lift weights one night.  My next run will be an easy 4 miler, and finally trying to get in a 'track workout', which my wife and I try to do together.  so far so good.

Diet:  Again, my diet is better, but not what it needs to be next year when I kick the actual plan into gear.  that will be hard for me at the time, so mentally I need to prepare for this.

Overall:  I have noticed a fairly decent weight loss at this point, which is encouraging, but I do know I need to get a few more pounds off prior to starting my IM plan.  Stay the course and keep doing what I'm doing and I should be fine.  I have yet to step on a scale, and frankly it doesn't really matter anymore.  I know how I feel when my weight is right.  However, I can say that my legs are getting more muscular, and back side as well.  Clothes are fitting different, and I can tell a difference in muscle tone.  Lifting and biking, with some running has made progress!  Yippee!

Until next time folks...."just keep swimming, swimming swimming...."

No comments:

Post a Comment