Tuesday, June 10, 2014

And Training Continues

It's early to mid June and the weather is really getting into a perfect groove.  We have had some awesome days out there, not too hot, and in fact, the mornings have been perfect.....nice and cool.

My training has continued well for the most part.  Our schedule has, as expected, full, so I have had to miss a couple workouts here and there, but never missing the long rides and runs.  I was out of town for a week with work, and had to make due, but it will be fine, not a big deal.

To date my longest ride is 50 miles, which I followed up with the next day with an 11 mile run.  Neither felt great, as I was coming off the week I was gone, but I got them done.  The pace on the bike was crummy, same with the run, but again, I guess I'm just not worried about it anymore.  I want to be fast....I'm just.....not fast.

My weight, especially after eating little the week I was gone, as drifted near 200, which is the first check point I was shooting for.  10 more pounds and I think I will be at that IMOO race day weight, give or take. 

It's funny, I look at the rides coming up, 50, 60, 70, 100 mile rides, and I get excited.  Excited because I know I can do it, be smart, have a plan for nutrition and hydration, and I know my legs will cooperate.  Scary weird to think about.  Same with the run.  I know if I stay within myself, my legs will just keep churning, almost without thinking.  This past weekend, the 11 mile run, I struggled for 3/4 of it, but for some stupid reason my legs woke up at the end.  Go figure!

Lots of crazy schedule stuff coming up, we'll get it figured out though.  A big shout out to the Donkeys that have already started racing....they are knocking it out of the park for these early season races!   Keep up the great work folks!   Oh, and nice freaking jerseys too!
Oh yeah, one last thing.  I once was asked, when I mentioned the idea of doing IMWI, why I would want to do that?  That 'it' was "stupid".  At the time I simply said, because most of the people would even try to.  But, that very same person and husband decided to take up spectating this year at IMOO and have their hotel room booked.  Hmmm, this Tri thing must be intriguing!  You can't beat the atmosphere of IMOO, and I am confident they will absolutely be floor by the weekends events. 

Well folks, enjoy the summer, keep it awesome, keep working, and love every second of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment